If you are already an approved Carer with West Wales Shared Lives and want to attend an upcoming meeting then you can view the scheduled meetings here.
West Wales Shared Lives Consultative Group
The West Wales Shared Lives Consultative Group is a forum for Shared Lives Carers, Shared Lives Officers and people who receive Shared Lives services to discuss the provision, delivery and development of Shared Lives services in West Wales.
The aim of the Consultative Group is to ensure that all Shared Lives Carers are informed about the provision and development of Shared Lives services in West Wales and to provide a forum, that is representative of people who receive, provide and organise Shared Lives services, to discuss relevant matters and issues concerning the development and provision of services. The group aims to be representative of Shared Lives Carers and Service Users from all the regions of West Wales and all models of Shared Lives provision.
The Responsibilities of the Consultative Group include the following:
- To consult with AP Carers and Service Users.
- To share and exchange views.
- To inform all AP Carers of issues relevant to the provision of services.
- To contribute to the review of policies and procedures of the Scheme/Service.
- To represent Adult Placement services in West Wales and contribute to the review of Adult Placement regulations, Welsh Assembly Government (WAG) guidance or National minimum Standards (NMS) when relevant and appropriate to do so.
- To support, encourage and engage, in conjunction with the Scheme/Service, service user involvement with the group which is representative of the majority of service users receiving Adult Placement services in West Wales.
- To report / make representation to formal bodies on behalf of Adult Placement Carers and Service Users in West Wales.
- To make recommendations to formal bodies on behalf of Adult Placement Carers and Service Users in West Wales in relation to regulations, WAG Guidance, NMS and other legislation effecting the provision of Adult Placement services in West Wales.
- To liaise with formal planning groups and strategic managers of Pembrokeshire Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire when relevant and appropriate to do so.
- To promote best practice.
- To respect the views backgrounds and circumstances of all members of the Consultative Group and of all AP Carers, Service Users and AP Officers involved with Adult Placement services in West Wales.